Friday 4 March 2011

Second visit























Today (March 4th) I went back to the chalk pit with Anne. a beautiful afternoon if chilly. The chalk was wetter and more slippery, so we climbed with great care up and down! Anne got words and images down in her note book. I photographed rubbish and looked for paper things to collage - but only cans and plastic had survived. Idid wonder what the history was of the 3 pairs of men's pants lying around there!

My camera battery was failing so I drew the chalk face on black paper with chalk from the quarry and some charcoal. Very interesting to have to look more closely. Then I drew some pussy willow from the tree with the plastic bottle 'growing' from one of its branches.

I am ready to attempt some painting now, having tied out s technique with turps on white paint which may work.

No comments:

Post a Comment